I know it sounds crazy, but we're desperate... My husband and I have finally found the perfect piece of land to build our homestead, but we just got the soil maps and we're doubting if we can even build the pond we had hoped for. The site we want to use is a large flat area at the bottom of a wooded mountainside that has a lot of standing and it looks like there's plenty of water draining from the mountainside to support a pond. But the soil map description says, "Soil classification is Tuller channery silt loam, shallow (10 to 20 inches to bedrock), somewhat poorly to poorly drained and medium textured. It occupies level to gently sloping areas of glacial till in the uplands. Permeability is moderate to moderately slow in the surface and subsoil. Available water capacity is low." Does this mean it will be impossible for us to dig a pond here because the bedrock is so shallow and there's no clay? I assume the rock is shale because we live in the Marcellus shale region of NY state outside of Ithaca. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!