I have two more no trespassing stories if no one minds. Hopefully I haven't already posted them.

The first one is another trout farmer, this one in Ohio. He has what is know as a "blue hole" on his property. That is a collapsed well that got so large it became a pond about a half acre in size. It goes straight down to 60 feet and the banks are pretty much vertical. Dan also has artesian well flow of I think 3000 gpm.

Dan doesn't live at the farm and drove in one day to see two little tikes about 4 or 5 years old fishing the blue hole. Dan didn't really mind the fishing but it terrified him that if they fell in they'd never get out. So Dan decided to make sure they wouldn't ever want to come back. The two tikes took off with their little snoopy poles, but of course at 4 or 5 you can't run very fast. Dan ran behind them (more of a jog) pretending he was going to get them. I'm sure they thought they were Hansel and Gretel or something. He said they cried and were scared and ran all the way home (three houses down) with Dan right behind them. He felt bad about it but knew if they fell in and drowned he'd feel a lot worse. Anyway once he got to the house he found the lady of the house and read her the riot act. He explained to her where they were and if they had fallen in they would never come back. Hasn't had a problem with them since.

Dan had another problem one day. He came up to the property only to find teenagers netting trout out of his raceway. Before he snuck up cornered them and very tersely explained the were stealing his livelihood he let the air out of one of their tires. There was a front loader nearby and he had them believing that if he wanted to he would bury them on the property and no one would know what happened to them. The girls in the group by this time were in tears. Anyway he let them go with a promise they would not come back. Dan's brother-in-law showed up later and ask,"I just saw the damnest thing. A car load of teenagers hat seemed to be really upset and they were driving slowly on a flat tire." Or was it two flat tires?

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 03/29/11 02:32 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.