Originally Posted By: ewest
Monty first welcome to PB.

Second let's be sure what you have. Unfortunately names get mixed up sometimes. Some hatcheries call BG X CNBG hybrids. They are entirely different from real HBG. We need to know exactly what you have. Ask the hatchery exactly what you got. If the say HBG ( GSF X BG) then ask them why they sold you that when you said a self sustaining fishery. Tell them they need to give you BG or CNBG and come get the HBG if they want them back. The idea is to get the BG for no cost. Offer to buy 1000 and tell them they owe you 3500 more. 4500 2 inch BG/CNBG should work. You have enough room for now for all of both the BG/CNBG and the HBG. Feed smaller feed. Add some more FH say 10 lbs. Then start looking for 8 to 10 inch LMB for stocking in Sept. You will need about 60. As the HBG get bigger start to catch them and eat them (about fall). You will need to learn how to tell them apart. See this http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=1341&Number=14459 . You can work through this.

This is sage advice from an attorney I would follow. Mentioning the fact the Pond Boss community is FOLLOWING this situation doesn't hurt you, either. I'm hopeful your hybrids are in fact true BG. Tell them to make it right ASAP and that many eyes are following this thread.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]