Errick - You are over in the region of Laggis Fish Farm (Gobbles MI 49055, 08988 35th St.). He sells walleye (WE) and very good quality domesticated pellet trained yellow perch (YP). His YP will get big (13"-14")in a small pond esp when fed pellets and managed properly. Check out the link for acronyms used on this forum.
http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=92442#Post92442

Plan to aerate with the bottom diffused method to keep water quality good top to bottom in that small quite deep pond. Fountains will not circulate water bottom to top in your deep pond. Good overall water quality will be needed for YP & WE or any other cool water fish. Go out and actually measure the depth with weight and rope to verify the depth for aeration needs and diffuser placement. Make a depth map. It will be useful in future years.

I think a few WE could do okay in a pond your size providing your pond is aerated. WE are surviving well in a few 1/3 ac ponds near me in NW OH. If not aerated I don't think they would survive long term and would need replaced due to periodic low DO sags. YP can much better tolerate low DO compared to WE. Give me a few hours to put together some info and reading material for your plan.

Quote from CB1 in another topic: """"and you live in Northern Indiana, Southern Michigan or Northwest Ohio I've always been very happy with fish from Laggis Fish Farms in Gobles, Michigan. You can't beat his feed trained yellow perch and largemouth bass but he sells walleye, smallmouth bass, hybrid bluegill, northern pike etc. although some of these species are only available in the fall.

I'll be picking up an order of 200 5 to 6 inch yellow perch in a couple of weeks to replace the ones I lost in a RAS mishap. Dan Laggis has told me orders are down a little so far so now's your chance to get some outstanding feed trained yellow perch while they last. One of these perch grew to state record size for me! They're originally from Ohio and are Great Lakes stock (Lake Erie).

Laggis Fish Farms
Work: (269) 628-2056 Days
Home: (269) 624- 6215 Evenings until 9.00 P.M.""""

Last edited by Bill Cody; 03/18/11 09:44 AM.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management