Omaha -- lots of great advice and ideas.

Over three winters I built an underwater rock wall that almost always produces a few fish when fishing is really slow.

At this point, I really don't know the height and width of the underwater rock wall I "built."

Over three winters, when there was little snow, yet the ice was thick, I'd take load after load of front-end-loader bucketfuls of WV rocks to a particular part of the pond. The wall extends nearly straight out about 30 feet from the shore, on the North-East side of the pond. For three seasons I piled rocks on the ice in this area. There are now a lot of rocks out there.

Even during the lowest water season, none poke up above the water. The top of the pile probably averages 1-2 feet below the water most of the year. The deepest rocks are about 4-5 feet down. In the summer time, if the water is relatively clear, I can see thousands of small bass and bluegill on both sides of this wall.

In the winter, when the ice is out, it is nearly a guaranteed place to get a couple of trout or bass for winter. In the summertime, it is nearly a guaranteed place to get some bass for an unplanned fish dinner.

Good fishn'
Ken

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!