Jedred -- I can throw out a few numbers as well. A common answer for a corrective stocking of largemouth bass in Midwestern ponds might be something like "try for 40/acre of 8-12 inch bass." So often, it is a matter of how many we can get. If your pond was in the Midwest, it sounds like an ideal candidate for the corrective stocking. Largemouth bass will get right after both yellow perch and bluegill. I don't know much about white perch, but sufficient bass will likely reduce them as well in good quality bass habitat.

I hesitate to apply our Midwestern rates to your waters because I don't know your water fertility. Our Midwestern fertility tends to be pretty high (fertile soil = fertile water).

I'll be interested to see if other pondmeisters from other parts of the country use similar or different rates. Also, I wonder if the white perch are of special concern to any experts who commonly work with them.

Dave

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

From Bob Lusk: Dr. Dave Willis passed away January 13, 2014. He continues to be a key part of our Pond Boss family...and always will be.