I checked my visibility with a homemake seschi disk (pie pan and old broom handle), my banks are sloped so I had to insert it at an angle. The disk disappeared at a depth of 16", so I figured that if it was inserted straight down the visibility would have been even less maybe 12-15". The water is still dark green and there are no signs of life in the pond, with the exception of a few eyes and tails.

I have had the pump running since yesterday afternoon and don't know how long to run it. It is a lawn sprinkler pump so I assume that I can run it continuously at least for a few days. I hand checked the motor this morning and it is not running hot just warm.

I checked for a DO meter at Cabela's and they have one for 79.99, I know its not the same quality as the 800.00 ones, but I hate to spend that much. Information on it is,
All the information you need to judge the fishing quality of a section of water and locate feeding fish is instantly displayed on this easy-to-use meter. The PCP 100 Probe measures light intensity to 50 ft. and computes temperature (30°-90°F) with a one-second response time. It's so fast, it can even identify thermoclines. Plus, it displays water clarity from zero to 6 ft., percent of visibility, dissolved oxygen content and even recommends lure colors and type from the all-time 12 top producers. Includes probe, 50 ft. cable, storage spool and attachment, battery and comprehensive guidebook. One-year manufacturer's warranty.
If anyone knows if this is a ok personal meter, or information on other one please let me know.