Welcome Johnny!

If you are wanting the pond to be fished mostly by kids, I second CJBS's suggestions of going with HSB, BG and CC. If you can feed pellets as suggested, You could stock up to 1500 or more Hybrid Gills, 150 CC and probably 50 or so Hybrid striped bass.

Since you would like to fish yet this summer, it could get VERY costly to stock all adult fish. If the stocking budget is fairly limited, I would suggest stocking 200-500 6"+ HBG (if available) and 1000 3-4", 50 12"+ CC and any extras in the 6" range, and all 6-8" HSB to help control the HBG and CC offspring.

This will give you something that can be caught (don't keep or target any HSB) and give you plenty of fish left to grow. Also, keep any of the larger CC that get caught so they don't become hook shy.

If that is still too expensive, stock all smaller fish and plan on limited fishing for two years with none the first year at all.

With any plan, I would also suggest 20 pounds of Fathead Minnows, several hundred Gambusia (Mosquito Fish) and several pounds of golden shiners as a forage fish and rapid growth for the target fish. Greg knows the area better than anyone and won't sell you more than you need!

As for a supplier...Greg Grimes of Aquatic Enviornmental Services www.LakeWork.com in Ball Ground, Ga. can take care of you. If he can't I drive through the area a couple times in the spring. There is also American Sport Fish in Birmingham as a supplier. Call Greg first.