Hello all and thanks in advance for this great website. I just found it and i love it. so much great info. Ill try not to rehash what so many people have asked and answered previously.
I have 1 1/2 ac pond in s. iowa. 25 feet max dept, aveg probly 12-15ft, lots of trees surround it, clarity is about 12" during summer, good vegetation and structure on bottum, pond is 25 years old. Positives-lots of med to large bg, good cat size, have caught several 5-10 lb over each of last 2 years i owned it. have observed swimming large cats-30-40". have not caught any of those yet, cats have proven to be elusive. negatives-lmb are overpopulated and stunted. mostly catch 6-12" lmb, nothing bigger, and lots of them. fish are spawning fine, have had pond overflow 3 times this year, found lots and lots of bg , lmb fry which washed out. been trying to fish out small lmb, if i read right take all below 12". I have read many solutions here, all seem to be in south. was wondering if the suggestions still work up here in iowa. thanks again