I think you are going to be thrilled with the Tigers in your pond!

I caught this one last June in a local river that drains in to the Delaware. I don't know how to determine if this is a naturally occurring Tiger or a hatchery fish that made it's way up from the Delaware. NY State claims they never stocked them.

Around these parts we are lucky to get a brook trout over 12 inches. Brookies are certainly a very aggressive fish but I have no idea what kind of fight a 20 inch brook trout would give.

This is my first and only Tiger in near 60 years of fishing and to be perfectly honest a true thrill to catch. I don't think I will kill another but I had absolutely no idea what I had caught and had to bring it home for the research.

These fish are voracious when feeding and a true fighter on the end of your line in a swift stream with 4 pound ultralight gear. At first sight during the fight I thought I hooked a pickerel. Only when I finally landed the fish did I realize I had a trout of very strange markings.

I don't know the ethics involved but I can say for sure that any fisherman who ties into a Tiger will have a very big smile if he ever gets it landed. As far as I am concerned NY has my expressed permission to stock these fine fish as close to me as possible.