Mikebee,

I like your approach, goals, and get after it attitude. I'm on a similar trip with a small 1/4 acre pond that was originally stocked with GG's and HSB as the predator about 16 months ago. The HSB quickly became completely hook shy...and thus worthless to me so I decided to move to LMB as the primary predator.

IMO, LMB get a bad rap as a small pond fish. The key to being successful with them in a small pond, I believe, is to remove all you catch...practice catch and remove, not release. Following that approach, you can "have your cake and eat it too". By that I mean, you can have readily catchable LMB (minimum conditioning because you remove all caught fish). To protect against removing too many, I fin clip the stockers and practice catch and release with them only. This approach is far superior to sexing LMB because it minimizes conditioning. Using sexed LMB as the primary predator is just like using HSB and they will become completely conditioned. To have the diverse, fast action fishery you want, LMB are the ticket as long as you remove caught fish.

Your stated goal can definitely be achieved in a 1/4 acre pond and it will be an absolute blast...stick to your approach, remove all the LMB you catch, and you will be rewarded with the pond you desire.