jsand13, I had aerial photos taken this summer of my land and am having another set taken on 5 Feb to see the difference between summer and winter foliage. I paid around $80 plus $10 for the high-res pics on a disc. He is charging me the same price for February photos. Usually he charges more but because I don't really need them asap, he just passes over my place on his way to other jobs. Appling is about 80 miles as the crow flies from my place and he covers Augusta area as well. If you want, I can pm you with his details and email a couple pics to get a good idea of what you'd be getting. He posts them to his FTP site and provides you a password/user name.

For resolution, you really can't beat google earth. But my area hasn't been updated since early 2007 and I have made a few changes like building a house, timbering about 100 acres of pines, and adding some pasture land. I like seeing the progress and the aerial photos are great for that. If you coordinate well enough, you can even be outside with the family when he passes over for a neat family picture. You'll look like ants but still... Chad

Last edited by edinbowen; 01/17/11 08:57 AM.