I only feed my fish when they come up to eat. I have a ton of algae growing though so it's not like they are going totally hungry. The goldfish eat on warmer days but the T fish just mope around the pool as if they are barely alive. Last time I checked I had only gotten the temperature up to 48 degrees but it's been really warm the past few days. The wind came up and blew the plastic off the dome that day but it was a warm wind so everything was ok. It must have been one hell of a wind.

I been debating wrapping the pool with a couple of layers of insulation. But that wind the other day made me reconsider. I don't think I will ever raise them again unless it were in a basement or a greenhouse. I don't think this dome is going to keep them warm enough to survive the winter unless I get a heater. I don't enjoy hanging out at the pool now that it has a dome over it and it takes too long to pull off the cover. I am still enjoying my goldfish but unless I could make a dome big enough to go inside of, I'd much rather be raising bluegills or goldfish than tilapia.