Just a little more country craziness . . .

I got home late last night from several days away. As I got close to the house, I could see there was a large flat-bed trailer down by the pond. I was sure it was the eminent domain folk harassing us.

As I investigated, I was very angry that they would leave a trailer in the middle of my back driveway. To get past it, I had to drive past my burn pit -- which somebody completely filled with branches and debris.

The light went on! This wasn't the power company. Friends had come over earlier in the day to remove a number of very large and dangerous half-dead trees near the house and garage.

When I got home late this afternoon, they were again out in force. They were now cleaning around the pond, including taking out some large willows, and some big dead oaks, on the back of the dam.

With friends like this . . . it just makes me glad I've got so many wonderful friends.

Time for bed. My granddaughter and I are headed out early in the morning to do some community volunteering with these same crazy friends and their kids and grand kids!

Life is good.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!