Does anybody have the proper dimensions for the tubing lengths to build a proper dome for a 12 foot pool? I was in a hurry when I built mine yesterday and couldn't find the book. I made it a little too large but it's going to have to do.

Also instead of covering only the pool with plastic I covered the entire thing, filters and all. I think it will stay warmer that way and perhaps making the dome a little big adds more dead air space... it just looks stupid... maybe funny is a better word. It came out much higher than the one in the book and lower to the ground. The 20' wide sheet of plastic makes it to the ground with only six inches to spare at it's narrowest point. I used blocks and rocks and benches to hold down the plastic and there is no door but all I have to do is move some rocks and benches and I can get underneath. I poked a small hole with my finger and put the pump outside. Otherwise it is all one continuous piece of plastic. As soon as it was finished both me and my neighbor decided we are building greenhouses in our back yards. I can't believe how easy and cheap it is. I want to find a real store that sells pipe in 20 foot lengths. I'm going to experiment with different pipe sizes. Do any of you guys have any links or plans for building greenhouses? I had to buy a 100 foot roll of plastic to get it 20 foot wide. I have plenty left over so my only expense in building another one will be the PVC. Does anybody know if I can use rubber gloves for PVC cement to keep it off my hands, or will it eat them? Also I wonder since I am limited to 20 feet of plastic if it might be worth building some kind of sides to attach them to. Perhaps a roll of insulation down each side supported by rebar pounded into the ground and backed with plywood would be a cheap way to extend the height. I have everything but the rebar on hand...

I just checked under the dome. The water is way warmer than the goldfish pond. The ice in the goldfish pond is melting and all collecting at the waterfall. It looks beautiful and all my fish are alive in both ponds. I can't get the the thermometer but the water under the dome feels warmer than yesterday. I think it will continue to warm up in there for the next few days. Sure is cold outside!