We build a new boat last year and it is nice but we need a second boat. I had it build this winter, it did not work when tested with our old smith-root system and it started smoking. Long story short the genrator is shot. rebuild kit is $3,200 plus estimated labor from Auburn UNiv of $400. It stinks I'm out $1,000 for repairs last year that caused current problem Auburn cost of about $200 to break it down. I can get a new S-R genrator at so called discount for $3,700, so that is a no branier to do that instead of repairs.

My question....does anyone out ther know where I could find an used S-R generator for 2.5 GPP? If not I might try to sell my 2.5 GPP pluse box, any takers? Any use for parts off 2.5 gen?
The 2.5 GPP system is $8,500 new.

Any other ideas? It stinks I really need a second boat and made this little 12 ft. to go with our center console 18 ft and now faced once again with major $. Auburn can build transformers to convert norm generator into usable source for S-R pulse baox but that will weigh about 100 lbs and cost abotu $1,00 also.

Wonder why guys who shock lakes charge so much? Now you know.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com