Greetings, fans of Pond Boss.
Here I sit, in a hotel room in College Station, Texas, savoring the Aggie's win last night against OU. We've had a fun time. My brother, Ron, invited me and a group of his friends to tag along with him for a weekend in Aggieland. We've had a blast. A great meal Friday night at Christopher's Grill, a trip to the Dixie Chicken and then Midnight Yell Practice in Kyle Field. Son Jonathan was a yell leader in 2003-04 and took Ron, his friends and I on an inside tour of the Midnight Yell. We followed the yell leaders on their march into the stadium and were on the field the whole time. After Yell practice, we called it a day and were asleep just around 1:30. Up at 6 sharp, Ron and I drove toward Bastrop, Texas, for a lake consultation with a fellow from Austin. Then, back to Aggieland before most people were out of bed. And, then there was the game.

Step off in the Quad. The Corps of Cadets, the heartbeat of Aggieland, form up and head to the game Saturday afternoon.

The Aggie Band. Texas A&M won the game and halftime, too.

Fall is here at LL,2 and the grandpeeps love to play in the leaves. Good times.

As always, we need to see some fish on this post! Here's a threadfin shad, (top) and a gizzard shad. See the differences?

Bass eat some interesting things. This bass regurgitated a partially digested gar. Count on us to show you some weird or disgusting things...but I know our audience. You pondmeisters love this kind of stuff.

Look at the pigmentation on this 7 lb bass' tail. I've seen several bass in this lake with big, distinct black pigmentation.

We harvested tilapia and had a group of friends over to share the bounty.

Here's some of our crew. Granddaughter Jentry, the Pond Boss, yours truly, Josh Flowers and Chad Fikes, staff fisheries biologists.

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...