I had a sample hole dug by a construction company earlier this year. They went 12 feet deep and it seemed at a glance like it would hold up well. However, they didn't test for PI because they could tell that the soil wasn't sandy enough to meet the state's requirements for the project. When they begin digging and get to a good depth I will collect a sample and get with the ag extension office and have it tested.

And I'm sure the construction company hasn't factored that in. They just want the dirt. I will just have to cross that bridge when I get to it I guess. As for now I will just pray that it works in my favor.

The runoff shouldn't be an issue. There is a washout that is about 3-4 feet deep that carries water during rains. It doesn't flow great but it does flow. There is also a smaller washout that intersects with it near the edge of the property line. The smaller washout picks up the overflow from a tank slightly uphill on on the next piece of property. With a loader I'm sure I can more accurately channel the water in the direction I want it to go. I have plans to put the dam near the intersecting points of the two washouts to take advantage of both of them.

What are my alternatives to clay and how much to these options cost?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by toddtx797; 10/26/10 04:22 PM.