Originally Posted By: esshup
Cecil, with the taxidermy business that you're in, I assume you might be further up on the radar list as well.

Even though there was a "sting" a few years ago, where every taxidermist in the state had his shop checked by out of county C.O's in one day, typically they aren't interested in someone that does just fish. For some reason the fish just don't excite them.

What's really interesting is at one time they didn't need a search warrant to enter a taxidermy shop and they still want you to think that is the case, or they aren't aware there's been a change in the law. There was court case in PA I believe called Sprinkle vs. Spangler where a C.O. had it out for a taxidermist and was showing up at all hours repeatedly just because he could. The case sided with the taxidermist and is supposed to be a precedent case where they can no longer barge in without a search warrant.

I know taxidermists that won't let them in without a warrant, but I let them in as they can still make life tough on you, or call in the feds as they did with a friend that told them to go "f' themselves. shocked laugh Yeah this friend has some cahoonas on him! It also made his lawyer some good change.

I've never had a problem with Indiana's C.O's. All have been polite and professional with me. I just wish they weren't so understaffed.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 10/23/10 12:59 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.