It is now a county owned park. A retired local Parks & Rec director is going to help me put together a proposal that will include several options for funding. I see potential for renting boats and selling bait & tackle, I will find out what grants will be avialable, and counties are eligable for a wide variety. Also, I will do all that I possibly can without funding, and so far interest from locals in helping me sounds very strong.
On fertilizer, I keep reading that a well fertilized water will simply produce more and larger fish because it effects the food chain from the bottom up. I wouldn't spend any money on it though and am excited to experiment with the "free fertilizer" that I have in abundance.
I am simply hoping to compile a list of things to carefully consider, and at least so far I am getting questions that I will try to answer.
I have to decide how detailed a proposal I want when I first approach them, or if a basic summary would be in order simply to get permission to do some of the testing that is necessary. They very likely have done some testing of there own, but it seems like they invest very little money into the fishing potential of this park. It has asmall conference center, and that seems to be the priority to them. I hope to see that changed.