I don't want you's guys to think I was goofin' off this weekend...
-
We really didn't do anything with the gar/apt project. Instead, we shifted back to finish another project that I was NOT looking forward to.
Last December, we finally brought in the utility power to the site. We also greased the trencher guy to cut a trench from the gar/apt to our 10x12 love nest. I had to pull up short on the trench so I did not run into some existing underground conduits that we had laid in to run power out to the dock a couple of years ago.

We ran that last 20 feet or so above ground and boogered it in to supply the juice we needed to "get by". Well, gettin' by had to come to an end. I have kinda been waiting for the cooler weather to finish this one off, and the time is now. Also, we are to the point where I will be laying in the rough electrical in the gar/apt and I will need an inspection; I don't want to lose credibility points by leaving this "over the ground hillbilly electric supply" exposed for critique.
-
This job was pretty high on the suck scale. The ground is hard-as-a-rock clay and it is all manual. We're talking pickaxe, shovels, trenching shovel, and...yes...a gardener's trowel.
Even with all the exercised care, I still managed to crack the existing conduit run out to the dock. I used a piece of 1-1/2" white PVC with a section cut out of the length so it would snap right over the 1-1/4" electric conduit. Booger it with glue, snap on the custom repair sleeve, it worked well.
Anyway....

We did have to pull the entire 125-some-odd feet of the 6 ga wire bundle out of the conduit, cut and splice and re-fit the last pipe section, then re-snake the wire bundle. It was definitely a motrin 800 day, but it came together as planned...and we are done with it.

edit: we spent Sunday grooming the walking trails, a "chainsaw and garden tractor" project that took most of the day

Last edited by Brettski; 10/17/10 06:58 PM.