Originally Posted By: Bullhead
What kind of pump will you be using?

I have as 1 HP 220v shallow well pump that is currently sucking water from the pond. In the second photo it is just to the left. It will be an easy hook up.

Originally Posted By: esshup
I'm hope that you don't run into a hard spot!

Somewhere around here is an iron weight that's welded to a steel tube with an eye on the top. I think it was used to drive wells, although they must have used a pulley system to raise it. IIRC, it weighs close to 100#.

How many pairs of gloves will you go thru?

I agreed on the hard spot. I would hate to start over!

I tried to find one of those well driving contraptions but didn’t have any luck. The ones they used around here were basically a boom on wheels with a small gas engine. A rope or cable was wound up on a drum and at a certain point a clutch kicked out and let the weight drop. The process repeated over and over until the well was done.

I don’t think gloves will be a problem though my shoulders are a little sore from the lift part. The drop part is really easy. grin

Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond
No way, I'm on thin ice with Dwight and Ewest as it is, I don't need to stir up any more trouble.

You have a pass on this one this one, JHAP. Ewest has to prove it though, right?

Life is Good on Bremer Pond

Bremer Pond Weather