No, I don't have a pier. I wanted floating cages not to grow out SMB, but to have a place to collect and store them allowing me to seine earlier than the day folks are coming for fish. I hate to keep people waiting as seining is not an exact science as we all know. Much easier to seine this weekend [no husker game] and separate and count them.

I want cages so I can collect BG from traps for a few weeks and get them ready for whomever wants them. Seining my lake with 2:1 slopes is going to be dicey - trapping is going to be the most effective and reliable method - but that takes weeks of daily trapping in order to get an appreciable qty going. Thinking floating cages needed for my BG.

My SMB have a pond all their own to grow grow grow - and I lack any predators who require any stocker fish to be grown out - so that's my reason for needing cages.

Cecil - NO, I don't have a pier or a dock yet. It's going to be a pain to get to the fish, but it is what it is.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]