Thanks Cecil,

The idea with the steep walls was to keep it clearer and cooler. I was hoping cool enough for YP. This is going to be a food fish pond.

I am developing the back part of the property for food production, as intensively as I can understand. Last year was my first garden, planted late, but was a whopping success. I gave out quite a bit of fresh produce to friends, family and neighbors. This year, things did not go that well, except for the experimental "Raised Beds". Nobody's garden did that well around here this year either. It was a Duh!, slap me up side of the head moment! I had more control with the raised beds. Being an Engineer that practiced (preached) "Total Control" over manufacturing systems, I never thought once of applying the same to gardens or ponds, I am embarrass, but, I am learning.

I have enough room for two, possibly three more ponds of the same size out back. We have pretty good water here. A bit of Hydrogen Sulfide, but that gases off quick.

I am only about 16 or so miles from Stony Creek, as the back roads take you. Maybe around ten as the bird flies. Roughly 22 miles from Crystal Springs in Muskegon, and about the same for His Op. in Hesperia.

Last edited by JKB; 10/03/10 03:34 PM.