You think there is algae in that video? I went out there this evening and there has been an algae explosion! The water is looking clear and very green. It has to be the small handfull of ammonium sulfate I threw in the pool but I think the algae ate all the stuff that is making it cloudy. Maybe tomorrow it will start trapping it in the filters and it will be back to what it was in the video. My Ammonia was a little above zero in the video and now it's at least a half PPM. I gave them two five minute feedings today and very little else.

I will check more into the cat food. They seem to love it and I read several people were saying it was just as good as Purina fish chow. But food seems to be a minor expense at this point. Electricity is probably my main expense but that's because I live in California. I would imagine most if not all the commercial growers were probably put out of business in the Enron days. I wouldn't be surprised if these fish cost me ten dollars per pound by the time they are raised after all the expenses are counted up. So I will give the catfood a little more consideration. It still may win out just because of convenience. Unless I can get the cats to start eating fish food but that just doesn't seem right... It's amazing how fast the water can go from cloudy to clear and back to cloudy again. It seems like there might be a delay of a few days which is making things hard and throwing me off.

If I get lots and lots of tanks I might have to get real scientific about the feeding. I was keeping track of it before the cat started eating it. I think all they can eat for five minutes twice a day is a good save bet. Of course everyone wants to feed them more to make them grow faster or what ever. But they wont grow very fast if you feed them too much and they die.

If the water is clear tomorrow I will bump the food back up. The fish seem to be happy. I bet in a few days the algae will take out all the ammonia from the fertilizer and either the fish will eat the algae or the filter will trap it. Probably both.