We just moved in to the pond house so everything is new and exciting. The regular pond rat kids are over and the barbecue is cooking chicken just as I like it, when one of the rats says I want to eat fish. No problem, I says, lazy, we don't have any bait. No problem they reply in unison we have shrimp, now this is my secret bait unknown to anyone, how the heck did they figure that out. Ok, ok, I get a pole and bait up. Shrimp sinks so I have to get it in the right place and work fast or the bamboo will get me. The first cast is too short, not really a cast an underhand swing with the spinning reel bail open, so I pull the bait up and add line and toss again, perfect, I see the tilapia's back as it swims towards the bait, watch the line tighten as he takes it and with a slight tug set the hook, one of the rats gets the net and dinner. I just got a new digital scale, lo and behold a new pond record. 5 pounds 2 oz. this must be from the original stocking, only 2 ozs less than the pacu. Ah life is good.
-----------------------------------------
I will admit, I do occasionally glance at the pictures.

1/4 & 3/4 acre ponds. A thousand miles from no where and there is no place I want to be...
Dwight Yoakam