Let me do a better job of communicating my thoughts.
I like what Meadowlark is doing.
Here's my point.
Let's say year one in our pond...there are 50 pounds of bass, grown and supported by a cumulative total of 300-400 pounds of forage fish.
Year two...bass grow 50% in total volume (not necessarily considering individual numbers) Now we have 75 pounds of bass, assuming the same volume of forage fish production as last year.
Year three, 300-400 more pounds of forage fish to support, maintain and grow 75 pounds of bass into the next level. Assume they grow to 100 pounds.
Year four, relative weights are still high, bass are growing, but the pond has reached its maximum productivity and carrying capacity for forage fish. More and bigger bass need more and more food.
At some point, the mass of predator fish (unless they are properly harvested) has to overeat the existing food chain. If the food chain is chiefly supported by a fish which dies, those fish must be replaced.
That principle holds true whether we use tilapia, threadfin shad or Kibbles and Bits.
At some point, predator decline will occur, typically in the middle size class fish, especially with largemouth bass.

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...