After treating and getting an apparant total kill of the Eurasian Watermilfoil, here's an update on the pond and a couple more questions. The pond is an olive green color. The scum comes and goes still. Visibility in the deep end is up to 40"+ but the clarity in the north end (shallow, averages 4' deep) is still at 22" (this was the end with the worst infestation of milfoil). LMB healthy, eating, and growing at a wonderful rate and length to weight ratio has gone thru the roof! Bluegills also very healthy and had a great spawn of each species. I am seeing and catching 12" to 18" bass this year that were not there a year ago. Culling small LMB and removing crappie as we catch them. Now the bad part...I am seeing Eurasian Water Milfoil plants starting to re-establish, not a lot, but plants here and there with one patch about 20' X 20' in the shallow end and I know there's more that I cant see. My question is twofold...the plankton bloom seems to be deteriorating....should I fertilize to get it going again? I know this will probably accelerate the milfoil growth, but I think the bloom is really important and I think I would like to have a bloom going into winter (please correct me if I'm wrong). Water surface temp is still running at 80 degrees. Also, should I treat the milfoil with 2,4-D again now (it's been 3 months since the original treatment) or wait till spring to clean it up for next year. You guys and gals have been so helpful with the pond, and I appreciate it soooooo much! Thanks in advance for your replies.
Mark

A dozen worms $2.00
Buying your grandson a new pole $25.00
The look on your grandson's face
when he catches his first fish PRICELESS!