I called the feed and seed in Ponchatoula, La near my place in Albany. They have Hy Lime in 50# for $9.20 and Aluminum Sulafte in 50# for $33.40. Called the one in Hammond, La, 5 miles west of my place, Hy Lime 50# 8.50, had no idea what Alum was and did not have Aluminum Sulfate.

I bought 5 1 gallon clear plastic jugs for samples, I'll try to get up there tommorrow. When I go to Ponchatoula feed to get the Hy Lime and Al Sulfate I'll inquire about Ag Lime by the ton.

Guys I'm sorry I went off the deep end yesterday with the comment about letting the fish die and fill the hole. I am just getting a bit overwhelmed with wanting to get it right this time.

Rainman I asked about a rest kit when I purchased the Alum, I asked for ph, alkalanity, hardness, nitrite and nitrate. The guy told me I had to buy individual chemicals to test each, they did not have a kit to do it. They had ph and alkalinity kits but not with hardness,

At this time I'm looking on the net for a scale to measure grams as the link ewest said to look at. Not to belittle ewest or the link but I think I will stick with the ehow site that says to use one tbspn per gallon then calculate that to pounds. Just seems eadier without having to buy a gram scale.

Thanks Rainman

Sometimes ponds are like women, a small one takes less to manage and more time for pleasure