All right,

Here is our adventure.

The lures arrived when we were on vacation. We got back, excitedly opened the package and headed to the ponds. I have three different ponds that we fish: my new pond with one-year-old LMB, BG and YP; my neighbor's pond with some nice sized LMB and BG; and our neighborhood pond with a mix of everything, including NP.

I hit my pond and worked it for an hour and drew a goose egg! Many of my small BG hit, but did not or could not suck the hooks in.

That night, the cold front came through. I recruited my two daughters and we headed to the neighborhood ponds with much anticipation. Darby, my youngest, chose a lure that matched her shirt.

I chose the spoon.

my oldest (pictured later) chose the little crayfish Rebel.

We hit the pond, which is loaded with BG, LMB and Crappie and, after an hour, had nothing. The fish were on lock down. I did lose two small bass on the Spoon. We were getting ready to go when my youngest complained that her minnow was stuck in the FA. My first concern was that we were going to loose a lure (egad!). I went to help her and noticed that the Algae pile was moving. Fish on!!

We quickly landed the beast, and took a picture.

The Blue minnow had come through!

AT this point, I did not have a very good story, and it was getting time to send the package to James.

Kerrigan said she wanted to try one more time, so the next morning we head to my next door neighbor's pond. I was determined to catch something with the spoon, and Kerrigan switched to the in-line spinner.

We hit the pond and I caught a bass on the third cast.

Kerrigan decided she wanted to try the spoon, and caught one on the next cast.

I switched to the jointed Rapala and Kerrigan stuck to the spoon. We spent the next hour catching about 10 bass and 5 BG.

It was time to ship, so we wrapped up our fishing adventure and put the box in the mail. We did not catch anything on the in-line spinner, the Road Runner or the crayfish. I didn't try the jig head. I was very pleasantly surprised how well the spoon did (plus I could throw it a country mile on my light tackle).

I can't wait for the next story.

Brian
Retired Coach

Just another day in paradise!