Quote:
Originally posted by Stormy:
Oh, by the way, I also caught ninety 3-4" bluegill and green sunfish and netted another 140 with a butterfly net. The net thing was really easy - took 20 minutes. I was floating around in the pond with a bucket sitting on a closed-foam mat next to me. I used bread to get the fish to gather and had the net under the water. When a bunch of fish came up to eat the bread, I just lifted the net up. There would be 8 or 10 fish in the net each time.

We're going to do the same thing tomorrow.
yeah i know its kinda late...we had a fire here today and i'm still hyped up.....PB is helping me settle down.

you are my kinda gal Stormy.......your husand is a lucky guy. and for that matter.....there aint many women on this forum, so cheers to Stormy, Pondmeisteress.

i'll let the experts chime in on your skinny young bass........but my 2c. is that LMB have a fairly streamlined body til they reach 10-12-inches then if the forage is good they start getting real chunkey, otherwise they exhibit the big head, small body of a stunted population. i dont know how long it takes the average LMB to reach 12 inches, but probably at least 2 yrs.

GSF are people too!