The pond has been full for over a month now and it's holding fine. I have a one inch water line to it which a sprinkler zone dedicated to the pond. I have it add water automatically for an hour three times a week. That keeps up with evaporation and some seepage around the top edge. I think I'm a little light on the bentonite at the top edge but I wanted to make sure I used most of the bentonite that I had from the bottom of the pond on up, figuring it's a lot easier to till in more bentonite at the top edge if I ever had to come back and do that. I probably won't be adding any more any time soon as I figure running the sprinkler zone is fine and if I had grass there I'd probably be running the zone more than that this time of year anyway.

If I was to do it again I suppose I'd consider getting more bentonite and tilling way up to the very top rim of the pond and maybe put a top covering of soil over the mixed blanket (that seemed like a lot of trouble at the time I was doing it however so i decided against it). I'm satisfied with the results so far. I used two pounds of bentonite per square foot but I had a soil with fairly high plasticity. Your results may vary. I think some folks that have done this more than me might advise you get the most bentonite you can afford to get. The more, the better.