Originally Posted By: JKB
Fiberglass is a bit abrasive. Carbide Grit blades would probably be the best. I always used Starrett or Morse bimetal blades. They hold up the best for me due to the varied materials we cut.

Cecil,
You could also get the roof panels in PVC. They are on sale right now at Menards for 10 bucks each for a 2ft x 8ft panel. That would cut the cost well in half from the fiberglass.

I'll have to check that out. I can't imagine why the PVC wouldn't work. I assume it's corrugated?

I would change the design a bit and put thin a flat panel between each roof panel to increase surface area. You really only need about a 3/8" gap and the roof panels easily provide that.

I already do that. That's what the sheets of polystyrene plastic are for. They are light weight and cheap too. By adding the thin sheets vs. just the panels one goes from 300 square feet to 600 square feet.

I think it would be a good idea to see if you could peddle a few.

I may in the least bring one to the next Pond Boss convention silent auction to raise some money for the SDSU scholarship fun.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 08/16/10 09:14 AM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.