I just bid on a Shopsmith bandsaw attachment on Ebay to attach to the wife's Mark V Shopsmith. There's only two bids including mine, and there is less than an hour left. If I get it it will be a fifth of the price of a brand new one and shipping isn't too bad.

Anyway I think I will probably build another RBC, and sure as heck won't do it this time without a band saw to cut the fiberglass plates! One cool feature of the Shopsmith bandsaw is an attachment that will allow me to cut perfect circles up to 36 inches in diameter. That will sure the heck beat wearing out a half a dozen sabre saw blades and vibrating the heck out of my hands!

With the drill press attachment the wife has already, I may be able to build these commercially if there is a demand! The whole thing including the frame could easily be shipped disassembled, although the 50 fiberglass plates aren't light. One thought would be to downsize the filter for growing out less than 100 lbs. of tilapia over the winter which would also make it more affordable.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 08/15/10 09:57 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.