Spent some more time fishing the lake this past week or two. Have been catching a LOT of green sunfish from maybe 3 inches long to almost filleting size. I've been removing all but the smallest to eliminate competition. I've tossed the smallest ones back in thinking of them as food for the bass. I've been catching maybe 10 - 15 green sunfish for each bass. I'm still planning to drain the lake down to levels so can do some work very soon. I'm thinking I should remove as many of the larger green sunfish and the bullheads as I can so more food and etc. available to the desired species. Is this correct?

The bass (stocked in June 05) seem to be doing well. One of about 12" chased a hooked green sunfish right up to the boat and almost out of the water. The GSF was too big for it to eat, but it was right there ready to try. \:D

I have only caught two bluegill. The bluegills (stocked in October 04) were only in the 4 - 5" range. I thought they would be bigger than that...

I haven't caught any redear.

I also caught a channel cat (stocked in October 04) on a lure. Two pictures of it are attached. It's stomache looked on the verge of bursting, yet it still hit my lure.

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]