Originally Posted By: MRHELLO
So did you use the $200.00 roofing with yours, how much did you have in it altogether?

Yes I did use the cheapest fiberglass roofing material i could find from Menards which came to about $200.00 if I remember right. That was 10 sheets with five 24 inch circles cut out of each sheet.

If I build another one I will check out a building surplus store I remember passing about 30 miles from here and see if I can save some buying used ones.

The most expensive thing was the fiberglass roofing. Then there were the polystyrene sheets at about $50.00. After that maybe about $40.00 worth of PVC maximum -- along with glue. I had some sizes already laying around it probably wasn't $40.00. I went through 6 or 8 sabre saw blades cutting the fiberglass. I would strongly recommend a band saw if possible.

The pump however was about $70.00 and the agitator about $100.00. I could have gotten by without the agitator for a few months as there was plenty of oxygen produced by the water splashing into the baffles and the RBC rotating.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.