TPF, my suggestion take a deep breath. I understand your concern. However for what we are talking about is unfounded. When I first start posting here at PB many years ago I gave some bad advice. I would answer a question about a pond in another region and things are different there. My suggestions were not correct. I understand more now and speak expertly abtou SE. Even aware of different situations in my region.

I get the road salt issue and general concept of high salinity in some regions. However you are not doing the math- look again at the numbers Bob gave you. Do you honestly think somehow 50,000 lbs will end up in a small 1 acre 5 foot deep pond. Even if it did this is the concentration for a short time.

For growing fish in the SE I 100% wish I could get our lakes to have a little salinity it benefits fish- this is not debatable. Fact is no matter our efforts we can not get it up slightly unless we purposely dumped tons of salt in there. Then here you are stating we are doing damage by putting in a few cups over time. We get the point but you need to not be so general and look at spefic information.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com