I'm not sure how you are figuring that. 7 x 100 means the deer net is a 700 sq ft net. Unless you are counting the surface area of the actual thread of the netting. Then I would figure it would be much less. All I know is that I am very surprised how well they are working already. It's almost like the net holds a charge and particles are attracted to it. I can only imagine how good these things are going to work once they actually get microbes growing on them.

I checked my ammonia again and it's not climbing. My goldfish pools are very high but the ammonia actually lowered it's self in the one I put the fertilizer in. The other pair had a dead bird in the bottom pool this morning and is cloudy. Even though there is no filter in the little pond it is 2 years old and is probably the reason my new pools are doing so well. I took all the water and anything that was on the bottom and used it to start my other two goldfish pools and all three to start my newest one.

I got all the stuff except the netting yesterday to make three more drum filters. Home Depot was out of the good cheap netting so I ordered them from the internet off Amazon with free two day shipping. It's going to be great having a filter on the goldfish!