The PB forum has been of immense assistance to thousands. I can't even begin to express my appreciation for all the help I've received, and the friends that Lynda and I have met because of it. The contacts and friendships have extended well beyond fish and ponds.

The conferences, and especially the face-to-face conversations, have been invaluable. Again, I can't even begin to express our appreciation for all the help we've received, and the friends that Lynda and I have met because of it.

In the past couple of months, Lynda and I have spent a fair amount of time with Pond Boss members, in person and on the telephone. The results go way beyond the forum and the conferences.

Just today, when ESSHUP was here with his wonderful little puppy, he casually looked at the edge of my pond and said "do you know what that is?" I replied, "Isn't it purple loostrife?" He answered "yes," and said "you really need to get rid of it." I didn't know how serious it was until I Googled it several hours later. Tomorrow, a major eradication program starts.

But, it isn't just advice that counts. It is something far more. Thanks to Bob Lusk and his vision for choosing good people to help with all of this, we have a group of very unique individuals without egos or agendas. There are very few groups where jerks have great difficulty disrupting the happiness of an organization aimed at helping so many.

I am fortunate to work in a similar environment. Few of us have been at our current jobs for more than ten years, but most of us have worked together for 25 to 40 years. One of my good friends of over 30 years regularly reminds me that "if you think somebody fits under the bell curve, you just don't know them well enough."

Where I work, and here at Pond Boss, we may have a narrow and steep curve. But, it sure makes for a crazy, but cohesive group, that can help thousands of others.

Just a thought.

Ken

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!