I am wondering if the talapia will wind up eating the goldfish. I noticed a bigger one chasing one today. Also since I been running the pump my water is clearing up. I'm going to call the feed store and see if they have urea. Otherwise I will get some ammonium sulfate and put a teaspoon in a gallon of pond water and do an ammonia test to see where to go from there. I am running low in miracle grow and if anything it seems to be clearing the ponds up. I just went out and checked the pond and there is a half eaten goldfish. Also the water looks greener but the cloudiness is all gone so I'm going to feed them a little more. I think it's the pump circulating the water that is clearing it up. Can water get too much circulation? My sump pump is 1200 watts and pumps 8000 gallons an hour and I only have 2000 gallons in the pool. I hope I can afford my electric bill till my smaller 300 watt pump gets here. Looks like I can delay the water change but I am concerned about the goldfish. The miners are hungry and they are eating the canaries! I'm going to go feed those critters a little and see if we can strike a happy medium.

Last edited by surfsteve; 08/05/10 11:39 AM.