Since my water is a little cloudy but it's not nitrates I'm thinking it might be better to keep adding nirtogen to the pond instead of feeding the fish. My problem isn't nitrogen at all according to my test kit. That makes me think it's just an excess of bad bacteria overfeedubg and that fertilizing the pond will help good bacteria and more algae get established and contribute to the pond clearing up.

What I did was put 1.5 tsp of Mircale grow for tomatoes in my little 30 gallon goldfish pond. If I don't see any negative signs I'm going to do it again daily for a day or two and then observe if the pond stays clear or gets cloudy. I am also not going to feed the fish during the beginning of is period and gradually increase the food supply till the water gets cloudy and see if they can take more food or less food by adding the fertilizer. I just want to see it's effects on algae growth in an older pond and if it makes the water clearer or cloudier. In the future I will try and get the right kind of nitrogen to add. I'm only using miracle gro for test purposes.