That's about what I been doing, I been feeding them very little hoping that they will eat the algae. My pumps didn't come and I will have to re order different ones but I got my 8000 GPH sump pump going and it's pouring a steady stream into the pool.

I also added a half a dozen feeder goldfish with the canary in a coal mine theory in mind figuring that they will be the first to die if ammonia or nitrogen levels get too high but I forgot about temperature. The pool is in the back yard in nearly full sun and it's going to be a lot hotter so that might also be too hot for goldfish there.

After I made my last post I was wondering if maybe the algae is going to buffer the PH back up too. Everything I am reading is saying don't mess with the PH unless I suspected it is killing fish. My plan is to add some baking soda to some of my tap water and see if it changes the PH darker or if it stays the same. I am also going to keep my eyes open for a more alkaline test kit but adding baking soda and testing the water will let me know if I need one.

Since my new pump wont be here for a week I'm going to run the biofilters off the big sump pump and wait and see if I need an adapter when they get here. I still wont be able to start on them till Thursday. I'm also going to hold off on the water change since my test kit says everything else but PH is good.

I added salt yesterday and I noticed my fish all went down to the bottom as soon as I put the salt in and they seem to stay down there a lot more. They also seem to swim a lot more in sync with each other. They still come by and beg for food as soon as they see anyone come to the pool.