I've talked to the local guy that digs ponds here in Virginia and have read and read sites on pond construction made my plans and started the process.
I hope to be digging in a natural bottom of my food plot which is almost all clay feed by three wet weather springs coming out the ground 300 yrs from the pond sight.
My problem is first I want a Largemouth Bass Pond for my boys and I to play in but the lay of the land limits the size of the pond. As it stands now it will not likely to much bigger than 8 ft deep and only 120 foot by 100 ft,just over 1/4 acre.
Am I wasting my time trying to plan a pond this size for largemouth bass?
I've been looking for years now at other farm ponds in my area and none of the really small one hold and good fishing of ant kind but none are managed in any way. They were for the tobacco fields before the buyout.
I am able to makethe pond a little wider and a little longer than my first plan if I need but it won't get it close to 1/2 acre.
According to the locals I won't be able to go any deeper because of the rock bed about 10 foot down I our area.

Any advice would be great. What problems will I have?