I found and patched two leaks in my pool today. I read everything I could about pools and seam leaks and the best thing for them is Plumbers Goop. If getting it off my fingers is any indication of how this stuff is going to work, I'd say it's going to work good.

I had planned on buying one 10,000 gallon pool, one 5,0000 and several 1200. Seems like the best deals for used pools are 15 and 20 footers. I wonder if I can use netting to build some sort of cages for dividing up the big pools instead. I can tell right now it's going to be useful to have plenty of back up pools for when they spring leaks. I've got a feeling I'm going to get pretty good at fixing them if I stay with this long enough!

There is also several brands of pool leak stop that is reported to work well on smaller leaks. Does anybody know of any pool leak stop solutions that are safe for fish?

I am planning on setting this pool up again tonight. Sure hope I got lucky and found all the leaks. The rest of them should be small. Perhaps I can patch them while the pool is full. Why do leaks always seem to be at the seams? Regular patch kits are useless over seams. One guys says the goop will work by putting it on the outside for small leaks while the water is still in the pool. I've got a feeling it will work great for fin punctures on the sides of the pool and that fish wont be as abusive to the bottom of the pool as human feet are.

Last edited by surfsteve; 07/29/10 09:09 PM.