These are good air pumps, but will only last about a year before you need to change diaphragms. They will become loud and clacky. Don't know if that is a word. but that's what they do. You can buy replacement diaphragms for a couple bucks, and they are good for another year or so. Rinse and repeat. I use similar pumps, and have changed the diaphragms several times, only takes a few minutes, and a phillips screwdriver.

As for the pondmaster pump, they are decent as well, as long as you are not asking it to lift much, or do long runs. Also be on the lookout for stray voltage with them. I had one in a tank, and the fish were not acting right, Then I had a small cut on my hand, and stuck my hand in the tank, and could feel the juice through the cut. Changed pumps, no more tingle in cuts, and the fish started eating well.
Also I will reiterate again that water, and your system will not simply age, you must feed it, monitor it with a test kit, and most of all be patient. Fishless cycling can be pretty fast if you start with some media full of bacteria. Go to a fish store, and ask them for some used filter media, fresh out of the filter. Put it in your filter, and feed ammonia, and follow the directions in the link that I provided above. You might if you are lucky, and the stars are aligned, make it happen in two weeks. More likely 3, but I have achieved 2 before.