I was on my way to buy a 10 x 3 foot pool and mentioned it to my neighbor and she sold me her 15 x 4 foot pool instead. It's going to take forever to fill. I'm going to add about 300 gallons of greenwater from my kiddie pond that I been hauling with buckets by hand and add 5 tablespoons of miracle grow for tomatoes to start it. I called a guy in Oceanside and he's agreed to sell me 100, 3 to 5 inch tilapia for $150. I'm planning on picking up my 55 gallon barrels on the same trip and making the filters. I ordered some deer netting but I will have to order some more because of the bigger pool. I thought this weekend was kind of soon to add fish but the guy swears they will be ok. I tried to get more time but he will sell them to someone else if I don't come and get them this weekend. I'm going to insist on Sunday to get maximum time.

What do you guys think about making a filter out of a 275 gallon tote instead of several 55 gallon drums? I wonder if I can get one of those on my geo and still have room to strap a 55 gallon drum on top that for my kiddie ponds. Probably just one tote or three drums is the max I will be able to fit up there.

Also I ordered the book on Amazon.com

Last edited by surfsteve; 07/28/10 06:19 PM.