Just a quick update. Met with the excavator and have ironed out issues. He is back on board and we are moving forward. There are still a few issues but with enough constant vigilance, we should get the pond done right.

We need to raise the dam 2 feet to take advantage of the banks and pond slope but we are running out of soil. Don't fret, the 3000 tons of rock is still there. No chance of running out of rock. Whew, that was a collectively sigh of relief!

Since we need more soil and the forage ponds and marsh are not going to work as anticipated we are making some changes. Rather than have 3 small ponds 60 X 30 and a marsh running 200 X 15, we are going to dig out the bridges separating the forage ponds and the bridge dividing the marsh from the forage ponds. This will give me one shallow but larger area 200 X 50. The pond will still be 4-6 feet deep and serve to filter run on and I think I can raise minnows (Fatheads and Blunt-nose) in the larger pond.

Of course you are all pond owners which instantly makes you slightly off center so you are already thinking what I am thinking...if I could just deepen the shallow pond it would give a third pond of .1 of an acre which could be used for more than just minnows. My wife will kill me if she reads this!

Everything is moving slowly but at least it is moving.

13 acres,
5 ponds 1 still working
FHM, Shiners, CC, SMB, WE, Yellow Perch
living the dream

Can't have everything...where would you put it?