Thanks for the info, Eric. That is an interesting study, seeing as how we have BG, RES, and CNBG in that pond. I wonder what the average age of CNBG in those same study lakes would be. I was surprised by the "few bluegills older than age 2 in a Texas impoundment..."--Wow! Without regard to population dynamics, angling, or predation, I'm guessing that I can expect the RES to live longest, followed by CNBG and BG.

I haven't been present for all stockings (will check with the 'ol man), but to my knowledge all BG were 3-5" with possibly a few 6-7" at the time of their respective stockings. The RES were only 3-4" and have been stocked twice, both times with BG. The CNBG were stocked first at 1-3" along with FH in March of 2006 after pond had been drained, dredged, and refilled, and then CNBG were stocked again between two BG RES/stockings (all rotated in spring/fall). I hope that makes sense.

I "caught" a few RES yoy during primrose raking, so I know they spawned. Given the abundance of BG yoy, it seems like the original BG stockers and the ones stocked with the pictured BG spawned. Interestingly, I have yet to sample CNBG from that pond, but I'd bet they're there. I'd love to sample the BG, RES, and CNBG in one outing someday, if the RES cooperate. \:\)

Sorry for the long-winded post...I never imagined our little BG pond would be such a blast!

"Only after sorrow's hand has bowed your head will life become truly real to you; then you will acquire the noble spirituality which intensifies the reality of life. I go to an all-powerful God. Beyond that I have no knowledge--no fear--only faith."