CB1 :

I appreciate your thoughts and input and am glad you help keep an eye on these posts. Noted and I will do some checking.

No doubt that fish in aquaculture settings (lots of fish in a small area) where they rely on a large intake of pellets or where something else is added to the pellets, may be effected. Diet can do that just look at flamingos and the pink colors from the food they eat. "The young hatch with white plumage, but the feathers of a flamingo in adulthood range from light pink to bright red, due to carotenoids obtained from their food supply."

Where a wild pond has only supp. feeding I have observed no difference from normal fish food. Plus in Ryan's pond it is not a lack of color but possible male - female color reversal and some minor lightness that is in question. His HBG have vivid colors of males and his females have BG colors and all are eating the same food, a small part of which is pellets. He has been feeding only since April 12 for this year. The question I answered was " is his fish food the cause of his BG colors" not "could food effect any fish colors" . I hope this helps and I will post what I find. \:\)