Originally Posted By: n8ly
1. List in order of importance and in as much detail as you would like (the more detailed you get the more detailed we can get) everything you want to use this new water hole for.

As you can see in the pictures, the pond is set perfectly (on 5 acres) to allow viewing from the house, so my first objective was to provide ornamental landscaping and to to attract wildlife for viewing. We have deer that come through and I had a thought of creating environment for pheasants and quail (there are none around), so we enjoy seeing the wildlife. Having a place to fish (for pleasure/for food)is secondary

Originally Posted By: n8ly
2. For the fish, what type of fishing do you want to do? How soon do you want the fish to be ready to catch? Who will be doing the most fishing, how often do you anticipate they will be fishing, are you planning on eating fish, if so how often and how many? Basically in detail describe everything about the fish and fishing that you want to do with the pond.

As I said above, fishing is a secondary goal. I want to have place where the grandkids (one one now and she is too little) can come over and fish, plus having a place my son in law and I can go out and casually fish. Naturally if we catch something big enough to eat, then by golly I want to eat it. So in reality it won't be heavily fished especially to start and as the fish get bigger, then I suspect we will fish it more. Still only a few times a month. So there is no race to catch fish. Stock what I can this fall and then add to it next spring.

Since I'm not an avid fisherman, I really don't have much of a clue as to what to stock it with. I was thinking catfish and some bass, but open to suggestions.

What else can I tell you or that I missed?